International Tax Planning via Cyprus
We provide an array of international tax planning and advisory services to international business and high net-worth investors. These services include but are not limited to: formation of Cypriot companies and advice on direct and indirect taxation.
Supported by a remarkable network of 50+ Double Tax Treaties and a low taxation regime, Cyprus is consistently voted by most global experts and professionals to be one of the premier company formation jurisdictions in the world.
In sum, a Cypriot resident registered holding company, with non-resident shareholders, offers significant tax and non-tax benefits which are summarized below:
The Tax benefits include but are not limited to:
- Favorable tax regime including corporation tax of 12,5%, the lowest tax rate in the EU.
- Over 50 very favorable double tax treaties.
- No tax from profits on disposal of shares, bonds and other securities.
- No tax from profits of a foreign subsidiary of the Cypriot registered holding company.
- No withholding tax on dividends and interests or royalties paid to the non-Cypriot shareholders of the Cypriot holding company.
- No capital gains tax on gains arising from the disposal of immovable property situated abroad.
- No tax from the liquidation of the Cypriot holding company.
- No time restrictions on carrying forward tax losses.
- Group relief for utilization of tax losses.
The Non-tax benefits include but are not limited to:
- A member of the European Union.
- The strategic position of the Cyprus, at the crossroads of Africa, Middle East and Europe.
- Confidentiality and anonymity of the beneficial owners is assured by disclosing their details only to the Central Bank of Cyprus.
- The excellent living conditions for all its residents including foreigners living and working in the island.
- The close economic and political relations with the countries of the Middle East and of Central and Eastern Europe.
- The highly qualified, well-educated and multi-lingual labor force.
- The transparency and high quality of legal, accounting and banking services.
- The excellent conditions of the Cypriot airports, ports, and telecommunications.
Put differently, register a Cypriot resident holding company and create an efficient tool that will help you benefit from the favorable tax regime of Cyprus as well as its wide network of Double Tax Treaties.
Our team of professionals can identify the right structure based on your needs and assume the entire process of registering your company in Cyprus within a few days.
Optimal Business Tax Structuring often requires a resident Cypriot holding company in conjunction with an offshore subsidiary company.
We are also specializing in the establishment, registration, and administration of companies in international jurisdictions (such as Seychelles, British Virgin Islands, and Latvia). Optimal tax structuring is often the result of the formation of a Cypriot resident holding company along with a fully owned offshore subsidiary company.
Our team of experts is ready to offer you a free consultation and help your business become more competitive and profitable.
Cyprus property prices point to an accelerating growth, according to the THIRTIETH edition of the RICS (Cyprus) Property Price Index.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017